A Few Important Points You Must Know About Storage of Chocolates During Summer
Chocolates are a favorite of everyone irrespective of the age. It is a food that is romantic and delicious. If you know proper techniques of storing the chocolates you can enjoy them even in summers. Chocolates melt when exposed, so you must know proper restoration of chocolates.
You should check out all the tips for storing your chocolate for more days. There are many chocolate manufacturing companies such as lamontagnechocolate.com that produce various types of chocolates. Each type has ‘use by date’ mentioned on it and you must use it within that particular date for better taste, after this date even proper preserving won’t work. You can check for further information.
Basic Tips for Storing Chocolates
- Never refrigerate your chocolates, as they may absorb the odor of all the eatables in the refrigerator like curries or vegetables that would ultimately spoil the flavor of the chocolate. Due to moisture white dots or sugar bloom is observed on the chocolates. Although it is not harmful, it doesn’t look good for use.
- You are suggested to store your chocolates in a cool and less humid place. The temperature must be 70-degree Fahrenheit and humidity should be less than 55%. Adjusting your chocolates with these conditions can help you to preserve them for weeks.
- You are suggested to store the chocolates in an air tight box, due to which chocolates get oxidized and do not absorb any other flavor than the chocolate flavor. You should also keep away from light even from the artificial lights.
- Summers are too hot sometimes and not everyone uses A.C. so you have to sometimes use the refrigerator. Make sure when you put the chocolates back in the refrigerator pack it properly so that it does not absorb other flavors.
- To preserve it for longer days, you must keep it in your freezer. There are some basic steps to do this. Keep your chocolate in refrigerator for 24 hours then put it in the freezer. If you want to take out from the freezer reverse the instructions to do it. Always use your chocolates at the room temperature.
- The storage of chocolate depends on the type you are using. Milk solid or white chocolates last for 1 year and have superb quality for 8-10 months. Dark chocolates last for 2 years and have good quality for one year. Dark chocolates are best for summers.